I’ve always been a reader and love books.
It doesn’t matter if it’s non-fiction or fiction, I simply enjoy learning from others or escaping into another world by reading. And if you’re anything like me, you love getting great book recommendations. So I thought I’d share mine.
Here we go!!!
My favorite Fiction Books
I’ve always been a fan of fiction and especially mystery books. When I was young I loved the Boxcar Children series and graduated into Agatha Christie books as I got a little older. I loved being able to try to figure out the mystery by the end of the book to see if I was right. I rarely was but it was fun! lol! I also loved Judy Blume books as a child and enjoyed the adventures of Peter, Fudge, Sheila, and others.
I’ve also always been drawn toward authors who write series. I love to finish a book and then pick up the next and continue with the same character(s). Some of my favorite series (with links to the first book in the series) are:
- Lawrence Sanders McNally series
- Sue Grafton Kinsey Milhone series
- Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series
- JK Rowling Harry Potter series
- William Bernhardt Ben Kincaid series
- Catherine Coulter FBI thriller series
- John Lescroart Dismas Hardy series
- James Patterson Women’s Murder Club series
My favorite authors with stand alone books are:
- Mary Higgins Clark
- John Grisham
- Agatha Christie (you could say some of hers are a series but the books can stand alone so I’m putting her here)
- James Patterson (he has stand alone as well as series)
My Favorite Non-Fiction Books
I spend a lot of time reading non-fiction books as well. I love reading books about self-development, business, nutrition/keto, faith, inspiration…just a big variety of things. Some of my favorite books are:
- Hope Heals by Katherine Wolf
- The Keto Cure by Dr. Adam Nally & Jimmy Moore
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Girl Wash Your Face and Girl Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis
- Complete Keto by Drew Manning
- For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
- Love Does by Bob Goff
- Three Feet From Gold by Sharon Lechter and Greg Reid
- Be a Direct Selling Superstar by Mary Christensen (and ALL of her other books!)
- Girl Code by Cara Alwill Leyba
- You’re a Badass by Jen Sincero
A great way to keep track of the books you’ve read and the books you want to read is to use the app (or website) Goodreads. If you connect it to your kindle app it will even keep track of your books for you! I love it! And it gives you recommendations, shows you when new books by your favorite authors are out, and so many other neat features.
What about you?
I would love to hear your favorites as well. Or if you’ve read one of these and enjoyed it, please let me know.